Saturday, August 6, 2011

Helsinki Slut Walk

 So, here we go with Helsinki Slut Walk! Really fun event that could not be stopped even by rain. Only true "sluts" came! Couple of sluts I know didn't show up though...
What I want to say: as it always happens some people were quite radical in their dressing or better to say undressing. In my opinion, 45 year old top-less lady with her boobs hanging somewhere on the level of her tummy does not look good in the city center. Or was it the last opportunity to let the world to enjoy the view of her tits?  Well, on the other hand Finland is a free society...


 People were enjoying themselves despite raining.
 Well, on the other hand it is very hard to treat you as a University professor. There was a saying: wear clothes-do the talking"








 "Never without a permission"
 :)
 Man was looking more slutty than real slut.



 Hey, you show your boobs and still are too shy to look into camera.
I like this one. Everybody going crazy and she was somewhere else.
 Liloo Dallas (5 th element)


 That dude was hillarious
 She was so...aaaa.....I wanna be your slave, call me!
 Sad panda
 I was laughing at her attempt to smile under paranja :)





 When I was looking at her I had weird feeling in my pants I have never had before...I guess love feels like that..

I have got some replies from Helsinki Slut Walk participants and I have to agree with most of what they say, especially that clothes you are dressed cannot be an excuse for rapists and stuff. 
P.S. I have edited my post little bit, but I want to explain its previous version: I was writing from the perspective of the neighbourhood I have grown up in. Ladies there are dressed like ladies, sluts--like sluts. I am used to say "black" at black and "white" at white. I guess it is about the age. I will learn to see shadows as well.

5 comments:

  1. great photos!!! Greetings from Brazil..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fault of both. Your way of thinking is so naive. Dressing like a slut and being treated accordinly is something like drinking vodka and getting drunk.
    Well, it was my humble opinion on my blog. Maybe I missed a point. But anyway, it is really great that you organize activities like this. At least they interest me as a photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Statistically rapists don't select their victims by clothing but by who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, clothing does affect the way you're treated. When I want to look good and wear f.ex a skirt, does it automatically make me some kind of common property because in some men's (apparently your as well) opinion I look like a slut? I don't mind if people watch me or whistle or something else harmless that can truly be taken as a compliment but when things get ugly and they start to yell insults or to touch me without permission, it's my right as a human being to protest. No matter what another person looks like, he/she still has the basic human rights such as inviolability and that's what SlutWalk is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "45 year old top-less lady with her boobs hanging somewhere on the level of her tummy does not look good in the city center. There were children, so what is wrong with you?"

    So you honestly think kids are disgusted by breasts? :D Shows that you are as backwards with this thinking as you are about rape as a crime. Grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My point was different. I think that walking top-less in the city center is not normal...lets put it that way. In the country where I am from it is not normal.
    There should be some limits that protesting people should respect. They should respect other people. If they think that pair of old boobs makes everybody happy--they are wrong. Well, maybe only those who is into old ladies...

    ReplyDelete